Share This Article
Read the ingredients! That’s something you hear a lot about lately. And it’s a good idea—you should know what’s in the foods you eat, the drinks you drink, and the products you put on your skin. While reading an ingredient list, you might see the words “proprietary blend” and wonder “What is THAT?”
A proprietary blend is a combination of ingredients that is either patented or held as a trade secret. The FDA requires that all ingredients be listed and, in most cases, they also require that the amount of each active ingredient be listed. But the FDA recognizes a proprietary blend as a special case and doesn’t require the amounts of each ingredient to be listed. It understands that companies may have special blends of ingredients, blends that the company may have spent lots of money creating and researching to determine what unique effects this blend may have. It’s like that famous formula for Coke tucked away in a safe somewhere or your Grandma’s old family recipe that she doesn’t want to share. You know what’s in it but you don’t know the exact amount of each ingredient; the blend that makes it so special.
There are a couple of ways to protect a proprietary blend. One is trade secret protection—when a company makes a blend and just keeps it a secret. Another way is to apply for a patent so that your proprietary blend remains exclusive to your company. Why go through all the trouble of getting a patent? Though a patent can be obtained for many reasons, new science is one of many differentiators that you can base a patent on. For a proprietary blend that has been researched and found to act in a novel, useful, and/or non-obvious way, a patent is issued and excludes anyone else from making or selling a product that uses the same blend of ingredients.
With TrueScience products, we have created and patented a special proprietary blend based on scientific studies. The unique blend in TrueScience Anti-Aging Cream and Eye Serum covered by the patent includes the following ingredients:
- Bacopa Extract (Bacopa monnieri) Whole Herb
- Milk Thistle Extract (Silybum marianum) Seed
- Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) Rhizome
- Black Pepper (Piperine) Powder
- Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) Leaf
- Brassica Oleracea Capitata (cabbage) Leaf Extract
- Brassica Oleracea Botrytis (cauliflower) Extract
- Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract
- Brassica Oleracea Italica (broccoli) Sprout Extract
- Brassica Juncea Sprout Extract
- Plantago Lanceolata
- Wasabia Japonica
These ingredients are combined in a novel way and when applied topically, they help mitigate the visible effects of skin damage caused by oxidative stress.
TrueScience Anti-Aging Cream has a proprietary blend of 12 ingredients. We call this blend “Nrf2 technology” and it works to:
- Mitigate the visible effects of skin damage caused by oxidative stress
- Strengthen the skin’s own protective barriers
- Provide protection against environmental assaults on the skin
- Counterbalance the visible negative effects of sun-related damage
This extremely effective cream also contains the following ingredients to provide even further anti-aging effects:
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide & Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (source of peptides): Helps reduce and minimize the appearance of wrinkles, provides smoother skin, visibly improves skin tone
- Calcium Hydroxymethionine & 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid (source of calcium and essential amino acids): Supports skin’s natural age-resisting functions and modulates loss of moisture and appearance of wrinkles
- Plantago Lanceolate Leaf Extracts (plant extract): Brightens age-related spots, reinforces strength of skin
- Carrageenan (polysaccharide extract from red alga): Hydrates skin, supports healthy barrier function
TrueScience Eye Serum includes the Nfr2 technology blend of 12 ingredients as well as the following anti-aging ingredients specifically developed to help make eyes look their best:
- Alibizia Julibrissin Bark Extract (plant extract): Helps make eyes look bigger, brighter, fresher, and more alive, reduces the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes, fights signs of fatigue
- Acrylate Crosspolymer (combination of chemical compounds that bind water and have a moisturizing effect): Moisturizes and calms
- Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (carbohydrate that acts as a prebiotic for the skin): Protects and supports natural bioflora on the skin to maintain the right balance between good and “bad” bacteria
- Plantago Lanceolate Leaf Extracts (plant extract): Reinforces strength of skin, protects against environmental stresses
Even though the ingredient list for a TrueScience product may look similar to the ingredient list on another product out there, you can be assured that our patented proprietary blend gives you the best skin care products that science can provide. We have lots of research and testing behind the ingredients in our products and we’re using this special blend because of the proven great results. No one else can copy it, so you have a very special skin care product!
In a study assessing the effectiveness and overall product liking of TrueScience, women reported smoother, firmer, younger-looking skin, more even skin tone, and less noticeable fine lines and wrinkles.* TrueScience is a true anti-aging system. The longer you use it, the more benefits you’ll see because these products create healthier, more radiant-looking skin. Stop covering up the visible signs of aging and start enjoying truly younger-looking skin!
*A multi-ethnic panel of 93 healthy female volunteers, age 38-65 years, joined the study; 86 women completed the study. At days 0, 28 and 56, each subject underwent a clinical evaluation by a cosmetologist, had skin moisturization measured by corneometry, filled out a self-evaluation questionnaire and had before and after pictures taken in the clinic. The data collected from the study demonstrated measurable and visible anti-aging effects over the course of 2 months. No adverse reactions were observed. Subjects rated very favorably the efficacy of the regimen after 28 days and 56 days of use. At 56 days, 94% reported smoother looking skin, 85% reported firmer looking skin, 87% reported younger looking skin, 83% reported more even skin tone and 82% reported less noticeable fine lines and wrinkles.